Monday, September 15, 2014

Day 79-91

Well, to say that we are anxious to hear the results would be an understatement. The waiting game is intense. They told us 5-7 days. We have heard some of the preliminary results which included the great news of clean/cancer free bone marrow and cellularity of 90% (active cells in the bone marrow-average at this point is 30%). That was really great to hear, but the big tests take longer and will determine our departure. More importantly than our departure, it determines the success of the bone marrow transplant. The hard work, sweat and tears of the last 6 months. Kind of a big deal!

Taleah has been feeling pretty great. I feel like the fatigue has improved a lot and she is really hard to keep entertained. She is constantly wanting to help with the twins and is pretty much bored of me and everything about our life right now.
Sadly, cancer has made her think that she has to have someone with her all of the time and be pretty much entertained 24/7. That is not real life, but in her mind it is because it has been that way over the last 6 months. Slade has experienced similar things because he is constantly passed around to be cared for and I think everyone feels bad for his "not normal" life (I totally do).... so he gets a way with a little more... or just gets all of the attention.... either way he hasn't had to portray much patience, sharing, entertaining himself.
I am documenting this because we are experiencing this firsthand as Scott brought Slade up to surprise us for this (hopefully) last week up here. Taleah had been asking for Slade and I had been missing them like crazy. It has been great to be together, but we are realizing that they haven't had to share with each other. Schedules are a little messed up. We are just not our "normal selves", which is understandable. And things just need some work, routine and normalcy.
It makes us even more anxious to be home as a family, practice patience, routines, love, ect. It has been so long since we have had our family under one roof. I realize that I sound really desperate, but I am. I have just about had it with all of this and want to have my little family home. I want Taleah to be able to put this all behind her and move on with her life. She is SO ready.
The endless amounts of people that are bending over backwards for us is so humbling. I can't even begin to name them all for fear of forgetting someone. I receive text messages all of the time of people letting us know of special prayers and fasts on behalf of Taleah and our family. It means the world and I seriously want to cry almost every time I read one.
Wednesday can't come soon enough.
Praying for good news. 

1 comment:

  1. I am praying daily for your sweet angel! I look at this blog daily and just can't imagine the horrific experience this is for you! I will continue to pray for good test results! God is in control!! :)

    ReplyDelete