Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 25

She slept at the Stevenson's last night. She didn't want to be home.. again. Sad for me. But maybe good for me to catch up on some sleep. Again, I don't know how you would do this without family. They are the best. They said she was awesome and did not wake up once!!! I can't believe it. That is the first night since diagnosis. She was pretty happy today too... must be because of a good nights sleep. They dropped her off to me at home and I was nervous about the way she would react, but she was fine. We played kitchen, went on a walk, put Slade down for a nap while we played bubbles and got ready to go to Grammy's. She wanted to watch a movie while I attempted to do her hair. Kind of selfish on my part but I wanted to do it cute while I still of my guilty pleasures. She only let me get to the braid and then she was done. Oh well. Turns out she found the yoga DVD and wanted to watch I put it in. She cracks me up. She started doing yoga with the DVD. Most days (since diagnosis) she wouldn't have the strength, but man she was working it out!

It was so nice to see a glimpse of her real personality. And for most of the day. I LOVED it! There were a few moments when she didn't want me around, but for the most part I was able to spend the day with her and laugh. She asked me to video her while she danced to Teeny's cheer dance. I was thrilled because we used to do that all of the time, but we haven't since she was diagnosed. She was walking and ready to dance. I was shocked. She also loves to sing...oh and not songs like most 2 year olds...she learns songs from my teenage sisters. Pretty funny when she sings them though. Some parents wouldn't be very proud, but I am. Watching her dance, smile and sing her little heart out makes my day!

I would consider today a pretty good day. Only a few meltdowns. No major ones. Hoping that she doesn't suffer tonight because of it. A few more days of steroids...we can do this.

Praying, praying, praying that things go well for Monday. Praying that we get an early OR time so that we can make it home for the benefit concert that night. Praying that she does well being intubated. Praying that her counts look ok. Praying that her infection is totally gone. Praying that the results from Monday show that her Leukemia is gone (it is supposed to). Praying that she will continue to be standard risk.

Lots of praying...


  1. She is so precious!! Glad you got to enjoy such a sweet day with her. What a blessing that she feels safe, loved and comfortable enough to stay with her grandparents for the night. What an independent little girl...I know some 10yr olds that still can't do that! Although it feels personal and like rejection, it would be exhausting and probably drain you so much faster if she only wanted you and wouldn't leave your side. Wishing you all another good night of sleep. Kim R~

  2. Prayers from the Fuller family coming your way. Kaylee prays for "Ta-wee-uh" every night. Glad today was a good day and those videos are too cute. Love her spunk. Good luck Monday! It's going to be a great day. I just know it. :)

  3. Yay for a good day!! We are praying, praying, praying too!!

  4. We are praying, praying, praying for all of those things too! I am SO glad you got to have such a good day with her!!

  5. We are praying for all of those things for you and your family. I hope you know what a great example you are to the rest of us to let her have her independence and be such a great mom. Thank you.

  6. you're such a wonderful mother. don't doubt that for a moment. she is so precious. i love love the video of her dancing. everyday, when i read this blog, it reminds me of my blessings in my life. thank you for being such a great example to me. you just have no idea. yall are in our prayers. we pray, as well, that everything will go soothley for yall on Monday. good luck, keep smiling.