Thursday, September 1, 2011

Coming Home...




We were so ready to go home. Leaving the hospital was bittersweet. We were nervous to leave knowing that we didn't have the medical care right there. I was anxious, scared, excited, sad and really anxious....oh and did I mention anxious...? There is that rollercoaster of emotions again!


When we finally made it to the car with all of our stuff. She was tired and not super happy. That made me even more nervous. She was asleep by the time we pulled out of the parking lot. We met in Draper to pick up Slade from Treena. Fill up with gas, get some caffeine, ect. Scott was trying to get a few things worked out for work. He was on my phone e-mailing while I was changing Taleah's diaper in the back of Treena's car (yeah the whole potty training thing has gone out the door... oh well). Scott walked over (while texting) and hit his head on the corner of the tailgate...and blood starts coming from his head. I take a look..yeah a nice cut in his head. I was so weak at this point.. I about lost it thinking that one more thing had gone wrong. Awesome! He walks away because Taleah starts crying that he is bleeding...again awesome! I didn't know if he needed stitches, but he decided to hold pressure and ice and we would decide when we got home.



The car ride was ok. I was tires along with everyone else. Slade wanted me to hold him, Taleah tried to sleep, and I tried to keep them both happy. Exhausting.


Arriving at the house was a whole new experience. There were so many signs and family members waiting. I was so moved. It was almost as if I wasn't really there...sounds weird I know. She didn't quite know what to do. She is still taking this all in.













I have to say my uncle Casey is an angel. We have wanted to do our backyard for some time. I wanted a place for the kids to run around. We haven't gotten around to it and planned on doing it this fall. While we were away, he worked his butt off and started our yard. He worked and worked and worked! Neighbors, friends and famliy were nice enough to come and help him. Thank you all! We love it and it will be so nice to have some place "germ free" for her to play! YAY! (side note... he said one of the mornings someone called him Gary and he did not correct them....someone must have heard and caught on to that name....so Casey said everyone was calling him Gary and it was too late to correct them...haha...so we laughed saying that there was not some crazy Gary guy..just uncle Casey)











Feels good to be a family and feels good to be home.



Thank you everyone!!! So much was done in our behalf. I will never know who all contributed. Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you all made it home safe! Hope Scott didn't need stitches! Hope you all sleep well tonight in your own beds! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! I'm so glad that things went well enough for her to be able to go home! Nothing will make you feel better then being in your own home, being able to roam freely! I hope that everything will go smoothly at home for you, and I hope I'll be able to make a visit in a few months! Good luck! xoxo

    Call me if you need anything! Seriously though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im so glad you have such a big and fun family who is there to help and lighten the load :)

    ReplyDelete