Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ups and Downs

Today was kind of rough. I tried to handle both kids most of the day. I had help for a few hours. I wanted to be independent again. I wanted to do it on my own. Tonight I decided that I like the help that I have. I just hate feeling like I am "taking advantage" of the people I have. It sure does make her happier when she has her loved ones around.

As part of her "normal life", Pizza Factory had to be included. She was excited to go. I almost didn't let her go because we were having NUMEROUS meltdowns. These weren't screaming ones...more like heartbroken crying ones. She was also being kind of mean. She was directing it towards Slade, then me, Grammy and then Tavia. I don't think that is ok, and I guess you could say I was losing patience towards the end of the day. However, we made it there. We did have one meltdown while we were there and I didn't love her attitude. After a few more days, I am going to try my best to get her back on schedule/discipline.



Lately she is obsessed with sour things, saying things are disgusting and telling people they pooped in their pants (yes I did write that cause she really does that). She enjoyed a pickle and made her "sour face".



It felt good to be "normal" with her. It felt good to get out and I think she felt the same way. Hoping to keep her going and happy the next few days. She was much more active today and was hardly carried. She was also running a little bit. I can still tell that her walk is not all the way back to normal but it is getting there.


I was thinking that her cheeks had gone down a lot, but then I looked at this pic and her face is still chubby. It is so cute though. Love that double chin... hers and mine :)




Hoping these steroids wear off sooner than later because my patience feels like it is wearing off too fast.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you get to do more normal things this week. It helps mom and baby. She looks so happy in the pics. You would never know either one of you are wearing down. Getting out is always good for the soul. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your entire blog. You don't know me, but I'm Abby Doman's mom, the girl that recently got a heart transplant, and my son Brock plays on the football team. You are one amazing woman!! Your strength is inspiring to me. As I was reading your blog, I couldn't believe all of similar emotions that we are going through right now....our daughters have totally different illnesses, but our experiences right now are similar. Our blog is abbyninja.blogspot.com, if you get a chance, read it, I think you'll be surprised how many things sound the same. You are doing so well, better than can be expected....don't doubt yourself, you can do this. We should meet up and drive to PCMC sometime :) we're going up every week right now. If you're at the football games, look for us, we will be there and I would love to meet you and your amazing little girl. Hang in there, we will both get through these trials and be better for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that your family is able to be "Normal." Taleah is cute as ever. Your pictures look very happy and you both look great. I received my bracelets today in the mail. All my kids were excited to wear them. I told them your story. We will continue to pray for your family. I know it's easier said than done but Hang in there.

    Love, Jenni from Ohio

    ReplyDelete