Tuesday, January 31, 2012

DI- Day 41

We had Nurse Jeanette come out to access her/start the first day of four days of the Ara-C (chemo). We did a CBC to check numbers. She has been energetic, sleeping the same amount, and not requesting "special juice". I was shocked when I read her numbers/results from the CBC. I called with concern because her hematocrit is 24 (which is close to what it was at diagnosis). She received 2 blood transfusions when it got that low. Her WBC is way low along with her ANC. I expected the ANC to be low, but I thought the Hct would take another week or so. I guess it means the chemo is doing it's job, but it is still scary. We initially thought we would check on Thursday and then set up the transfusion if needed. BUT.. the fellow doc seems to think if she is not showing symptoms... we should wait until next Monday to draw again and check. I don't know if they think it will come back up on it's own, but seems unlikely when she is getting chemo 4 times this week AND taking the chemo pill every day. If she starts showing symptoms (pale, tired, lethargic, red eyes, ect), then I will call. I guess we will just wait it out. That's what I do best... waiting it out... patience.... the unknown.

Yep, I am way good at it! No anxiety here!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there. You are such a good mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Tosha I am sorry. I love the pictures you took of Taleah. I think mom's can get the best shots because kids are so genuine and comfortable in their mommy's company. She is so beautiful. Taleah is a natural when it comes to posing for the camera:)

    ReplyDelete