Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Salt Lake Trip= Nightmare

We had one day at home and then it was back in the car. AHHH! I was dreading it as much as the kids. We had a fun weekend planned so it was ok. We were going to go the Hogle Zoo, spend the night at the hotel with RCC for Nationals, spend the day there (Sat), visit family on Sunday, spend the night at Treenas, and head to clinic on Monday. Jam packed weekend.
The kids were pretty good in the car. We arrived to rain so the zoo was out. We headed to Gateway instead. Bad choice. Crazy kids. Running around, screaming and crying, ripping clothes off and hiding under things.
Taleah came to practice with me on Friday night. She loved every second of it. She was so cute and getting a lot of attention. We were in bed by 10:00 and the fun began at 10:30. She began throwing up everywhere. She woke up Slade and they were both screaming. I ran her over to my moms room in hopes of Slade going back to sleep. That was not an option for him. He was awake screaming, I was bathing Taleah and Scott was trying to get the sheets/clothes/blankets off and washed. My mom ended up getting Slade and bringing him in our room. I was hoping it was food poisoning and that was it, but NOPE. She threw up every 30 minutes on the dot. It was so so sad. She was miserable. She did that until 5:30am. Scott kept Slade in the other room while I handled Taleah in my moms room. She helped me for a few hours. We called down for 3 sets of sheets and literally 20 towels. I stayed awake all night because I was afraid she would aspirate beacause she was throwing up on her back. There was one time I dozed off and it was everywhere... my mistake but I was so tired. She stopped puking at 5:30 and slept soundly until 10:45. She was supposed to perform with the special needs group at 11:15, but when I tried to leave and watch she told me, "Mom, I just can't dance right now." She was so excited but knew she was too sick move. She wouldn't let me leave her side so I wasn't able to attend the 1st half of the competition. That's when the low grade fever began. I watched it for 2 hours and then it finally spiked the magic number (101) so we headed to the ER. As we were leaving, Taleah said ,"
Mom, I don't want to miss Teeny's performance. Teeny, don't perform without me." I cried a little because I didn't know if we would be sent inpatient. It was a quick trip (3 hours) and luckily the labs came back high enough to skip a "sleepover". I was SO glad. She fell asleep on the way back so I was able to go to the comp to be with my team. I am SO glad my mom was there to help with Slade. (In the meantime, we found out her little cousin whom we were going to visit was sick). She woke up very upset that I wasn't there. Scott brought her to the comp to watch my team (her aunt Teeny).
My team was great. We had 2 hours to kill before awards so we headed to Olive Garden. Again, quite the challenge with the kids but still fun. Taleah wanted to lay on my lap so I knew that was not a good sign. Scott took Slade back to the hotel and then Taleah informed me that she peed her pants. Turns out, she pooped her pants (due to the diarrhea form bein sick). Awesome. I had no phone in there and no change of clothes. I am getting her situated on the toilet when she says she has to throw up, but won't do it in the toilet. I run out to the sink (she is naked) while she pukes while people are trying to wash their hands and go back to their food. I leave her on the counter to run out and get my mom and notice there is poop on my leg from when she was throwing up. Awesome again. I wrapped her jacket around her and ran out of Olive Garden.
The one good thing was the team taking 1st place at Nationals!! Yay! Something positive. Much needed!!
I am so thankful for my momma. She goes above and beyond. As do Scott's parents. We came home both times to clean yard, house and folded laundry. WOW!

Sunday we waited to go down to Treena's house. She was beyond excited. We ate lunch at Cheesecake... well we attempted. Taleah decided to eat some of soup and throw up yet again. At the table... all over . Box up food, ask for check and leave. It was becoming all too familiar.
Treena's house was heaven. She LOVED it! As always. She played and played, without having a nap which led to a rough day at clinic the next day.
Grammy took this boy home for us. We missed him lots. They kept us updated with lots of pictures.
Clinic was early as always. We were excited to take daddy because he had never been. Daphne saved the day but showing up at just the right time.
It is so crazy because she wants nothing to do with Scott and Slade when she is sick. She only wants me and that is probably because I am her momma. It was hard for Scott because she didn't want him and he was so happy to there. She did cry for him one time when she woke up from sedation. It was a rough day because of her recovering from being sick. It was hard and I was emotionally and physically exhausted.
Weight 31.4 lbs
ANC 5100
Plts 134000
Hct 32.4
The numbers were good enough to increase the methotrexate dose. This dose was the highest she has ever received.
We were missing this boy like crazy. Even Taleah couldn't wait to see him!
I think she always has a hard time with the LP/sedation. I had them keep her flat for longer this time to try and prevent the spinal headache, but I don't think it made a difference. Poor thing was miserable on the way home. She woke up at Beaver and was screaming in pain. I tried to get her to drink her special juice but she didn't want to. I could tell that she was on the verge of puking, but then she would scream in pain. I didn't know what to do. She needed the meds. It resulted in her puking in the car. I was able to catch it though. So sad.

I was more than ready to be home. And so was she. She did great but needed to be home in her own bed. She was miserable all night long. Daddy slept with her that night. I worked the next day and ended up leaving work (in tears) because she had been crying for me all day. I can't quite do it all. Need to unpack, do laundry, grocery shop, fill out tax forms, write a story for Taleah, clean house, pay bills and go through mail. Instead, I am holding Taleah and documenting our last week. She isn't feeling great at all and I am ready for this phase to be over. I am praying that she gets no mouthsores and can feel better soon. I am pretty much done with this. I am over it. Good thing she is a rockstar!


  1. tosh! ah i cannot even imagine everything yall are going through! It literally breaks my heart!! You never cease to amaze me with everything yall still do! love you! wish i could help make things better!! love you lots!!

  2. It breaks my heart for your dear little family. I am so sorry that you have to go through this. If you ever need anything at all just let me know. I am more than willing to help out with anything.

  3. Hi, my name is dani, I coach The Peak cheer team from Brigham City. I saw you and your cute girl at the competition. I wanted to come say hi to you and Taleah, but you guys looked busy and it was just after your team competed. Your girls looked amazing at the competition! My heart goes out to you and your family, I have never been in your situation, but being a pediatric nurse helps me to kind of understand what you are going through medically wise. The pain med thing is a hard thing with kids, and its even harder to weigh the odds of the strong pain meds verses the pain. You and your family are in my prayers! I wish you the best and maybe I will have the chance to see you guys at another competition! We are hoping to come down to the St. George competition next year! Good Luck! Keep pushing through! You are a strong family and have an even stronger little girl!