Friday, March 28, 2014

Day 2

Taleah is still not feeling well. She is very ornery, bugged by everyone (especially the medical professionals), and pretty much has shut down. I don't know what to do to help her. She only wants me to sit right next to her... which I am happy to do but she is going to have to get used to her dad and grandmas sitting with her as well. I need to spend a little bit of time with my other kiddos. I am going to try and talk with people to see if we can get a psychologist or some music therapy going to help her. I don't blame her for being mad. I am mad too. It really feels like it is ripping my heart in half.

We received the news about her CSF (cerebrospinal fluid) and they did find 6 leukemia cells. She didn't have any before. It wasn't what we wanted because now we will have to add more chemo and additional procedures (LPs and possible radiation to her brain). They are saying that it is a small number compared to most that they find, but they are still there which isn't fabulous.

The 3 other kiddos had their blood drawn today to see if they are a match for sweet Taleah. It would be the best case scenario so I am really hoping something works out. I won't lie and say that I am totally confident and positive because I feel like all odds are against us at this point. I know that is a terrible way to look at it but it's how I feel. I am hoping that changes quickly.

Taleah is still on oxygen (0.5 liters) and her blood pressure is a little high so they are medicating her for that. She is quite swollen from the fluids and now the steroids as well. Gotta love those steroids.

We are very grateful for the most amazing families ever. They have been more than helpful. I love that Slade is being cared for in Saint George. I love the picture updates, the facetime and phone calls. I miss this boy like crazy and seeing him on weekends only will be hard... but temporary.




Scott's dad surprised me and brought Slade up to see us. I teared right up and wanted to hold him all night, but couldn't because Taleah wasn't wanting anyone around. He said he wants to shave his head when Taleah shaves hers. Pretty dang cute that he already agreed to it.


 
She will receive another chemo on day 3 and then have a little break until day 8. I am hoping that she will adjust to this new "normal" and we can make things fun around here.
 
Side Note....
I have had a lot of people inquire about being a donor. We are hoping that one of her siblings will be a match, but we will not know for another 2 weeks. IF you are wanting to get on the national registry (where we will go if our kids aren'...t a match), go to www.bethematch.org. They will send you a kit, you can swab your cheek and send it back. They will send it for free or you have the option to donate. It may be too late to donate for Taleah at this point, but it may not. Please get on the registry if you would be willing to donate for Taleah and/or another child. Thanks so much for all of the love and support!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I know you do not know me but your blog was sent to my by a friend of a friend etc. I am here to simply pray. Since I first read your blog, my heart as been so heavy for you guys, as I cannot even wrap my head around what you are going through. I have 3 daughters of my own and my oldest is 5 yrs. old just like your sweet Taleah. I showed my girls Taleah's pictures this morning and we are committing to praying for her. We believe that God is her healer and He has her in the palm of His hands. I can't fathom how challenging this is to face but I am praying for peace over your entire family and for God's grace. As I am typing I am reminded of the old children's song.... "Jesus loves her this I know, for the bible tells me so, little Taleah to Him belongs, for she is weak but HE is strong. Yes, Jesus loves You, Yes Jesus loves You, Yes Jesus loves You. The bible tells me so". I pray that God would fill you with hope where you feel hopeless and that He would surround you and little Taleah as she lies in bed sick. That day by day He would hold your hands and walk you through this journey. I do NOT expect any response, I just wanted you all to know that there are so many others out there standing with you and we ARE believing that she will be healed once again. God bless you Stevenson family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet sweet beautiful Taleah, you are a PrInCeSS ! An angel !! You are so perfect..you will fight this and get through it , once again ! You are one amazing tough girl ! I know you will beat this ! We love you and your beautiful family ! Hugs and kisses you little SWEETHEART ! Xoxo Cortney , Shailee and Axel <3

    ReplyDelete