Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 17

Feels crazy to type "day 17". I want to say that it has gone by fast, but it hasn't. I guess the stay at PCMC has gone by a little bit faster. I guess it's because I know what to expect, recognize some familiar faces, know my way around, ect. I appreciate some of the great people I have met. And it really puts things into perspective being here and listening to everyones stories. Life is hard, but they all do it... and most of them do it with a great attitude. What amazing people!

Taleah has had a few break throughs. I was able to walk outside of our room to use the bathroom and also walk out to get some water. She sat in the room all by herself. That is huge. She also doesn't immediately start crying when the door opens... depends who it is. She is pretty good at getting her vitals done (as long as mommy puts everything on). She also calls them her "vitals"... not "arm squeeze" or "beep beep in the ear"... that is "temperature". She calls everything by their correct name. She is too observant. She actually liked the child life specialist that came in today and HE was great with her. She is usually afraid of men but not Mike. He had a tea party with her and she loved it. They made lizard juice, booger pizza and bug juice... she got a kick out of that.
Aunt Grammy came again today. She kept asking all day and when she showed up it was all smiles. What would we do without her?! Yep, she was dressed up again. I am pretty sure the nurses thought she was crazy but loved it all at the same time. They ate, shopped, ate, played dress ups, played with her phone and ate.

The day wasn't very eventful (luckily) minus the echo. They came in at 12 to say they wanted her sedated for that and to have her fast for the rest of the day. I about lost it. I didn't want her to be sedated 3 days in a row. I didn't think there was a need for that just for an echo. I really thought if I talked to her and explained things that we could get through it. They needed a good study to be sure that the infection hadn't cause any vegetation on her heart valves. After some arguing and convincing.. we got it scheduled and then completed with very little crying. She did great!!! She sat still and understood everything that I explained. I was so grateful! What a sweet girl.

I still miss being home and I miss my boys. I can't wait to go home tomorrow (if all goes well). Her PICC placement is scheduled for 10am. Hope they are on schedule. Hope she can fast throughout the night. Hope she does ok with sedation and doesn't wake up screaming again. Hope for a good night!


  1. What a brave girl you are Taleah! I bet mommy was so proud of you and how well you sat still for your test. You are awesome! Keep it up!

  2. Tosha, you are so amazing! I can't imagine the pain/heartache that you are going through, but I hope you know that you're not alone! You are Taleah's strength and she will love you forever for being so strong.