Today wasn't too bad. She had a few freak outs, a little complaining of being in pain. HATED taking the medicine. We tried crushing it in Hershey's chocolate syrup... she liked that better than chewing the pill.
It's almost as if this is all a dream...only because she is still playing, moving around and almost herself (minus the slight temper and increased appetite). Don't worry though, there were moments of reality too.
(1) Cousins came by to say (stayed outside in the front yard) and I had to follow her around to make sure she didn't get too close to anyone, touch anyone or touch the same toys. That's fun for a 2 1/2 year old...let's just say she didn't love that part.
(2) taking her temp every few hours
(3) reading other cancer cutie blogs and seeing what is to come
(4) people going out of their way to do sweet things for our family
(5) looking at her port
(6) Taleah saying, "mommy, careful don't hurt my port" (she said port...not special button)
(7) telling her she can't play with friends/cousins 100 times throughout the day
(8) playing doctor
(9) having IHC tell me that I am not elidgible for a leave or any time off to care for my child with cancer
Those are just a few of the moments. It's real. And let's be honest... I was angry tonight. I put the kids to bed and felt sorry for my baby girl... and myself. Kind of selfish on my part, but I was. It's SO not fair. Life's not fair right!? I have heard that my whole life.
I am trying to stay positive, but sometimes I just CAN'T.