Friday, December 16, 2011

Grateful



Wow, we are feeling so humbled. There are so many good people in this world... especially in St. George. People are constantly surprising us with service. We were actually talking about some people that we could help out during the holiday season because we feel like so much has been done for us. Within that same hour someone knocked on our door and left some gifts for our family. The way they knocked...I kind of had a feeling inside of what was to come. I immediately had tears in my eyes. So humbling. I wish so bad that we could personally think/return the favors to all of the people who have done stuff for us. There is just no way to do that. I have had people at work donate money towards her treatment. Honestly, I wish I knew of every person and all they have done. I know it's not possible, but I hope people know that we appreciate it.



(Scott was busy cleaning up/helping while we could enjoy the swing)

I guess this whole experience has brought a whole new life to service. I know we will be forver changed. I know I will NEVER be the same person I was. My mom cancer group (on facebook)
talks about this all the time.... the fact that we will not ever be the same. But it's a change for the good. Sure, it's a lot more anxiety, stress, compassion, love and much much more. I am hoping to get past these next few rough months of treatment and then I want to make a difference in other's lives. I want to bring more awareness to childhood cancer.
Thank you everyone for your love/support.

3 comments:

  1. your family is so cute. i love your pictures!! I'm glad that you can keep a very close journal and let us be a part of that. i hope all is well. it was good to see your face at old navy the other day!! and these Holidays are the best they bring out the best in ppl, service is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly is amazing, all the love people have for ones they do/don't know! I love reading about how much support and love you guys get from everyone in your community! You all are amazing!!
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad I missed you tonight, but glad I got to see cute little Taleah! She is darling- told me all about the pizza she likes to eat! If you have time over Christmas break let's try and do lunch!

    ReplyDelete