Sunday, January 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Taleah- DI Day 40

Taleah is 3 years old!! Let me say that I was kind of emotional. It may sound crazy, but I feel so grateful that she is here with us. I mean... leukemia could have taken her life... and it didn't and she is still here. I feel so blessed to celebrate 3 great years. I was emotional a few times just thinking about her 3 short years of life so far and what she has endured.



She woke up so happy and I was so glad!! This week was unpredictable and I just didn't know what to expect. As a result, we had nothing planned for a party.


My neighbor came to the rescue. She kept offering to make a cake, get decorations, ect. I initially turned her down because I should be able to do it all, but I can't. So I accepted her help and WOW. The cake was unbelievable. She went above and beyond. What great people we are surrounded by. Amazing. I was speechless and may have shed a few tears. Thanks Gina!


This boy loved the celebrations just about as much as her. He went right along with everything and loved the people/attention.


The Morris family decorated our porch for Taleah. She adores their family and was SO excited to wake up to this.


The party... kind of last minute everything. Last minute food, decor, planning and decisions. We initially wanted only family. The Wakefields were coming to St. George and Taleah loves them (especially Brielle). We decided to let the whole family come (sounds bratty) because we would stay outside (less germs). Taleah was so happy to see them. We used to see them every couple weeks, but now we have seen them twice since diagnosis. The party turned out great with the help of our families. Oh and the weather was PERFECT!!! Heavenly Father was watching over us.


These boys haven't been able to play much. I can already tell they are going to be little buddies.






We also decided to invite the Morris and Legg families. I couldn't help but want Taleah to have so much fun and enjoy her birthday. There were only 6 kids... and everyone was pretty healthy... still hoping we made the right choice. Regardless, she had a blast.




Princess party... Slade had to be a part.... if only for a few minutes. He didn't seem to mind, but everyone else did.


The princesses.... so cute!! We played a few little games and danced and danced. They were adorable.



She gave them princess shoes and I think they like them. Watching them walk was even better!












We went to pizza factory that night (one of her favorite places). She was pretty happy. Her favorite was the #3 pizza. Wish I would have taken pictures, but my camera died at the party. The rest of the pics were from my phone.


We had a short and sweet cake and ice cream get together with some of the fam. She opened the rest of her presents and LOVED it.







One of her favorite presents. She has worn it 3 times in an 18 hr period. Oh man. I am afraid Scott has already lost his battle of her not being a cheerleader. Pretty cute though.



I am pretty sure she didn't want her birthday to end. She didn't fall asleep until 11:00pm. Scott and I laughed as she layed in bed and sang, "I'm sexy and I know it!" Yep, she knows that song. Good parents right?!



We feel so lucky to have this baby girl. She is such a sweetheart and so dang tough. I am hoping that she really is feeling that great and that the second half of this phase won't be too bad. Maybe Heavenly Father blessed us this week because it was her birthday.... if so.. at least we had a good week. I am hoping that it means next week will be similar (it's the same chemo again minus the cytoxan).

Happy Birthday Taleah.

We love you!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your sweet princess!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Taleah! She was spoiled and it looks like a normal fabulous princess party for a 3 year old. She's lucky to have so much family to make it as normal as possible. Such cute little princesses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for a wonderful birthday! We loved so much being able to be a part of it. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete