Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Weekend (DI Day 9-11)

* I am aware of the fact that this has turned into more of our family blog vs. only Taleah updates... but if I am being honest our family revolves around Taleah's cancer life. Cancer is a big part of our life now. (and it's way too hard to split it up/blog on both pages)*



I was actually dreading this weekend due to the chemo she had on Thursday. We tried extra hard to stay on top of the meds (nausea/pain) for 48 hours after the chemo. It seemed to make a difference this time. I am not sure if it was different because she wasn't sedated as well, but either way it was much more manageable. She wasn't super happy or feeling her best, but not extremely miserable. AND... she had just had her last dose of steroids the night before so that could have played a part. I am telling you... the steroids are viscious.

December 30 marked our 6 year anniversary. Crazy!! I can't imagine life without him and I mean that 100%. This is not the life we thought of when we got married, but it is the life we have and I am so glad I have him. Scott's parents were nice enough to keep the kids overnight so we could go out. Taleah ended up throwing up while we were gone and falling asleep pretty early. She wasn't feeling her best and we felt awful leaving them. They insisted on keeping them and we actually showed up to check on them before our movie.... Slade didn't want either of us and Taleah preferred to sleep there. Sad for us, but made us feel better about leaving them.



Taleah has been really funny through this phase. She HATES being home for some reason UNLESS there is someone (other than Scott or I) to play with. She would rather be somewhere else and she acts like a totally different person. It is so wierd. She told Scott that our house was boring so she wanted to leave. Really?! I can't even begin to name all of the things I do with her to keep her mind off of the pain she is feeling. Apparently it is not quite good enough. Sadly enough, I just want her to be happy right now. And luckily our family understands and takes turns playing with her.


The weather was so nice on New Years Eve day. We decided to head outside for a picnic at the park. We stayed on the open field, enjoyed food, fresh air and ran around. She loved it!











We weren't able to do anything too exciting that night. We didn't want to go out anywhere. We bought some junk food to make an ended up inviting the Jones family over. Taleah was in HEAVEN. I am not even kidding. I wish I would have recorded her. She was so happy and had more energy than she had shown in a long time. We were a little bit nervous because of the extra kids in the house, but in the end we decided that it was worth it. Her ANC was 3000 three days before that and she was acting pretty good. I am so glad we did because she had a blast.













I found out at 11:30 pm that night that I was scheduled to work at the hospital at 7am the next morning. Awesome. Not sure how I missed that one. Dang. I was sad because we had things planned for the day, but it worked out ok. Taleah made sure to facetime me. I loved it.



She had a semi-rough day. She wasn't feeling great. She wouldn't drink her special juice (w/ meds) and she WON'T take medicine. Her legs were super sore and she walked on her toes all night. I am assuming it felt better on her legs to keep them straight and walk on her toes. I think she played hard.... maybe a little too hard. I still think it was all worth it.

She has chemo coming again this Thursday. I am still dreading it. Her hair hasn't started falling out yet, but people say that it isn't until day 21 (that's far away). Steroids start again on Thursday. AHHHHH!

She is a champ. Still amazes me daily.

2 comments:

  1. I love her spunk! She has such the cutest poses in her pictures. She cracks me up. What a cutie. Glad she had so much fun with the kids. Best feeling in the world to see your own child happy. Sounds like 2012 has started off right--a sign of good things to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun at the park. I'm glad that there is medicine to help her feel better. I wish that there was something that she could take that would take all of the discomfort away. Your whole family is wonderful. I'm so glad for you that you have all of your support. You are wonderful. I can't wait until this is all over for you and little Taleah. She is beautiful. Hopefully she will not lose her hair. My husbands grandpa didn't lose his hair during chemo.I feel like I know your family and I've never even met you. You are very couragious and I admire you.
    Love, Jenni-Ohio

    ReplyDelete