Sunday, June 24, 2012

Camp Hobe

Taleah was so excited to go to Camp Hobe. (she kept calling it "camp obi-one-kanobi")She wasn't 4 quite yet, but they made an exception. I figured she would do great because she goes to gymnastics and cheer by herself. The Prince family was so nice to arrange everything for us to carpool with them, stay with them, ect. Sadly, Chase got a fever the day before and was unable  to come. I was a little panicked because I wasn't thrilled to drive by myself to Tooele, Utah. I debated trying to get buddy passes and then have my sister tag along. It turned out that my mom and sisters ended up coming for a girls trip/weekend (it was my mom's birthday). I was so grateful. We ended up arriving a little late and getting up early to get ready (less sleep than normal). She was thrilled.
We checked in, met up with some familiar faces and she met up with the "pink team" and took off.

She loves Daphne and looks up to her. Daphne was so sweet to take her hand and quide her on their way. It had been about 10 short minutes when the counselor came back with a crying Taleah. The first stop was music/dancing and I guess the drums were a little loud and it freaked her out. She wanted to leave and I told her I would stay. That kept her happy but she kept repeating that she didn't want to do the music again. (kind of shocked me because she LOVES music and dancing) I am guessing it was all a little overwhelming!

I wanted to be able to go to the park where all the moms were and meet some of them. The girls volunteered to stay with her.

I know she had a lot of fun. The swimming was a little cold because we are used to the HOT weather and warm water. She wouldn't let anyone leave her side. It was a long, fun day and I think she was exhausted by the end of the day. When we checked out they told her to rest up and they would see her the next day.... and then she cried and said she didn't want to go back. SAD! These people work so hard and donate their time. I know she was just tired and probably a little too young. I was sad because I knew she would have fun the next day and I took work off, drove 5 hours and she didn't want to go back!

I wasn't going to make her and traumatize her. So, we headed to SLC to have some fun. We stopped at PCMC to see Lexe who also has Leukemia (AML).

Lexe is one tough chick (her link is on my side bar). Taleah loved meeting her and "wishing" that they would kick Leukemias butt together.

City Creek was a hit. We enjoyed Cheesecake Factory and some shopping. A girl's dream right!?

The next day we figured we should do something fun for Taleah. We made a stop at Cowabunga Bay for a couple of hours. She LOVED it. We all thought it was great!

The drive home seemed long. She was extremely ornery by the end. Nothing a little dance party can't fix.

It was a great 2 day trip that we won't forget. I am glad she got to experience a day of Camp Hobe and we can't wait to go back next year!!

1 comment:

  1. Camp Hobe sounds so great! I'm excited to hear more about it when we see you guys next.